I’m Igor Šarčević. I live in Novi Sad, Serbia, with my girlfriend, a cat, and a bunch of computers. I work at Semaphore, a cloud-based continuous integration and deployment tool.
My expertise is in software development, primarily in developing web apps. For almost a decade (since 2012), I’ve been developing software professionally. In the last two years, I’m focusing on software architecture. At Semaphore, I’m running architecture and algorithm design.
I have several strong opinions about development:
- An asynchronous workplace is the best place to develop software.
- I prefer long-form, written communication, over chat, or meetings.
- There are no 10x developers, but there are 10x work environments
List of fun facts
- I speak four languages: English, Serbian, Hungarian, and Japanese.
- Chess is my favorite game. I consider myself a “pretty good” player.
- I have practiced martial arts for 24 years so far. I’m a black belt ninja.
- Running and Hiking are my primary choice of recreation. There is a good chance that I will be on top of a mountain during the weekend.
How can you contact me?
I enjoy dark, locally brewed beer. If you are in Novi Sad, feel free to invite me to one of our local places for a pint or two.
You can also find me on: